Meeting Minutes: July 2023

July 2023 Membership Meeting

  • Meeting called to order on July 27, 2023 at 7:04pm
  • Minutes from the June meeting were approved as posted
  • RE Report: Melissa Mauro
    • No report
  • Treasurer’s Report: Alan Lesher
    • Autocross, Rallycross, Road Rally, membership & sponsorship income, distribution, and YTD figures were reviewed.
    • Informal financial review: Melissa is still working on finding accounting-minded individuals to help with an informal financial review
  • Membership report: Melissa Mauro for Greg Szczyrbak
    • 4 new members since last meeting
    • Total membership is 479 total members
  • Communication Report – Website and Squeal: Jake Limm
    • No website data because of a successful update to new web platform, but that wipes the data since the last month
    • Natalie is helping to reduce the clutter on the website and reduce unneeded items
    • Sequel went out successfully, had a near 50% open rate, 4% clickthrough rate
    • 956 emails delivered
  • Facebook update: Jason Felty
    • For the main Facebook group, the following number of new follower were:
      • 23 approved
      • 9 declined
      • 2282 total membership
    • For the rallycross group there was:
      • 8 approved
      • 3 declined
      • 1366 total membership
  • Autocross Report: Melissa Mauro
    • Cancelled Aug 12 event and switched it to a new venue at HACC to be held on Aug 20. This will only be run as a single event, so we can get a feel for how this venue will work
    • There will be a food truck.
  • Rallycross Report: John Roscinski
    • Overall the event went well, even with missing normal timing staff
    • 37 participants, but not bad considering the weather
  • Road Rally: Mike Chilcote
    • Big Hill Ciderworks will be start and ending point for the event at their taphouse in Gardners PA
    • Food truck will be on site in the morning and evening.
    • Grant application through South Mountain Partnership has been submitted, pending review
    • Polaris slingshots – Melissa will check with National to see if they are eligible to register for sanctioned SCCA road rally.
      • Club needs to look into the details of what’s allowed in various types of sanction types
  • Old business
    • Web server updates – club needs to pick one
    • Timing computers – purchased and delivered. Still need to get formatted
    • Router power button broke – Marcus looking into getting router repaired vs buying a new replacement
  • New Business
    • Ed Jenks at Southern NJ region would like volunteers for the Corvette at Carlisle. He is asking that Susquehanna make and pay for 3000 handouts to hand to people that live in our region
    • Melissa suggested we make 500 little cards if it can be affordable so there is some level of presence there. Natalie will get us a quote for something scaled down along these lines.
  • Meeting adjourned at 7:46pm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Thank you! Your subscription has been confirmed. You'll hear from us soon.
Wanna know what's going on with Susqhuehanna Region SCCA? We've got you covered. Sign up below and we'll send updates straight to your inbox.