Meeting Minutes: June 2022

June 2022 Membership Meeting

SCCA – Susquehanna Region

  • Meeting called to order on June 23, 2022 at 7:05pm
  • RE Report: Melissa Mauro
    • Minutes from the May meeting were approved as posted
  • Treasurer’s Report: Alan Lesher
    • Autocross, Rallycross, RallySprint, membership & sponsorship income, distribution, and YTD figures were reviewed.
    • 990 EZ postcard is now a 25 page tax return form. Individuals are no longer allowed to mail it in, it has to be done electronically. Alan hired a CPA to submit it electronically, as that is now what’s required. He doesn’t expect the cost to be too high. Melissa will look into other options for future years.
  • Membership report: Melissa Mauro
    • Susquehanna has gained 71 new region members since January
    • 11 members added in May
    • Total membership is 490 members
    • Greg Szczyrbak will take over reporting these numbers moving forward
  • Communication Report – Website and Squeal: Jake Limm
    • For the Squeal, there was slightly over 50% open rate, a little under 5% click through rate.
    • Website – Still trying to figure out why the website is broken.
      • Marcus started to work on solving some of the issues, it’s looking better on some browsers, but not all.
    • Marcus – live timing is working better again
  • Facebook update
    • No new report
  • Rallycross: Mike Chilcote
    • Event had 32 competitors, and got in 12 runs
    • Little bit of rain kept the dust down
    • Had a short technical course in the morning and then opened the course up in the afternoon
  • Autocross Report: Chris Brown
    • Events 3 & 4 went smoothly.
    • Made a few changes to how grid and the heats were set up to keep things moving faster and it worked out well.
  • There was discussion on Facebook about making sure cars had numbers with contrasting colors – this will be brought to tech personnel for their attention.
  • Chiefs/Chairs plan to work to get more people trained on timing
  • RallySprint: Nick Landis
    • Have an event coming up Aug 6-7
      • 1 competitor is registered
    • They haven’t done any work to the course, they need to get up and do draining work soon. The course held up well after the last event.
  • Road Rally: Melissa Mauro
    • Fulton Co Barn Quilt Road Rally
      • One of the organizers from Fulton Co recently passed away, so they are not interested in hosting a Rally this year
    • Scavenger Hunt Road Rally
      • Dave Chilcote submitted his paperwork to become a Safety Steward for Road Rally. Mike C and Melissa plan to submit paperwork to be Safety Stewards as well.
      • Mike and Adam are working on finding a place to serve as headquarters where we can gather and have a cookout at the end of the event.
  • Old Business
    • Shirt pricing – Melissa still has not received the new catalog from Shirts 101 – she will follow up with owner of Shirts 101 to get that information.
  • New Business
    • Jim Snyder offered to adapt the autocross points calculation spreadsheet to rallycross if needed. Melissa will check in with John R on the status of Timing Chief position for RallyCross and then extend this offer to that individual.
  • Meeting adjourned at 7:33

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

?
Processing...
Thank you! Your subscription has been confirmed. You'll hear from us soon.
Wanna know what's going on with Susqhuehanna Region SCCA? We've got you covered. Sign up below and we'll send updates straight to your inbox.
ErrorHere