Meeting Minutes: October 2022

October 2022 Membership Meeting

SCCA – Susquehanna Region

  • Meeting called to order on Oct 27, 2022 at 7:03pm
  • Minutes from the September meeting were approved as posted
  • RE Report: Melissa Mauro
    • The PA Hill Climb Association holds a banquet every year. Melissa emailed the Board members outside of the regular meeting to request approval to submit an advertisement in the program congratulating members for their season. Cost is $100 to include in their banquet brochure. Unanimously approved.
  • Treasurer’s Report: Alan Lesher
    • Autocross, Rallycross, RallySprint, membership & sponsorship income, distribution, and YTD figures were reviewed.
  • Membership report: Greg Szczyrbak
    • Total membership is 478 members
    • New/renew since Sept – 4
    • Susquehanna has gained 94 new/renew region members since January
    • Membership survey response –
      • Didn’t respond – 202
      • Club racing – 155
      • Pro Racing – 53
      • Rally – 53
      • Rallycross – 69
      • Leadership – 1
      • Track Days – 25
      • Solo – 183
      • Time Trials – 26
      • Street Survival – 2
    • Program Chairs should think about doing surveys of membership to find out more information regarding what club membership is looking for or get suggestions for improvement.
    • Club will circle back to the topic of attending a Cars and Coffee event as a group, in the spring
  • Communication Report – Website and Squeal: Jake Limm
    • The Squeal, there was slightly over 49% open rate
    • 3% click through rate, which is a little better than usual (thanks to the pretty blue BMW picture)
    • “Choose your Own Citrus Rally” and “Event registration for events 9 & 10” were top hits on the website
    • Overall trending downward on website usage, likely due to the season wrapping up.
  • Facebook update: Jason Felty
    • Rally Facebook Group membership currently sitting at 1294 members (1% growth rate)
    • Main Susquehanna SCCA Club Facebook page membership is 2100+ (1% growth rate)
  • Autocross Report: Chris Brown
    • Group discussion about drawing a course map ahead of the event so people can see where they are. This will be something to try in future events.
    • Autocross leadership reaffirmed the importance of the inclusion statement for the events to make a comfortable and enjoyable venue for everyone.
    • Match tour event will include 3 extra prizes: 1 for top dog, 1 for underdog, 1 for Lucky Dog. There was a motion to award three $40 coupons as prizes (gift card for free event).
      • Motion passed unanimously.
    • Live timing – all timing information needs to be put on google drive. Marcus indicated it’s on the google drive, so Melissa will follow up on this.
      • Marcus is going to share procedures
      • Melissa wants to do a budget review on all programs after the season wraps up. Ideally December, since all the deposits for the 2022 season will be submitted by then.
  • Rallycross: John Roscinski
    • Course maintenance will be needed after this season. Could incur a little bit of cost for materials and potentially need some assistance with labor
  • RallySprint: Nick Landis
    • Last event of the season will be Nov 5, 2022. This event will run until after dark, so there will be some night runs
    • There are currently 7 people registered for the event
    • Board passed a motion to allow Nick to buy a used York Rake that will help with maintenance for both the RS and RX courses
      • This rake should help with keep rocks off the course, and can be used for the RallyCross program to help smooth out the course. It is towable behind a pickup truck.
      • This should help reduce fuel costs by keeping the heavy equipment off the course
      • Price cap set at $1500
    • Nick is going to step back a little bit on running RallySprint events due to family obligations. Adam Moore will step in to fill the leadership role as needed.
    • Kyle is going to donate all the fuel costs for diesel fuel needed from this year.
  • Old Business
    • Shirt pricing – got some links to available shirts. Program Chiefs and Chairs will review.
  • Banquet
    • Program Chairs and Chiefs we need to find a time to go over things for the banquet – agreed to meet on Nov 2 starting with awards
    • Melissa is looking for banquet help and asked for some volunteers
      • Mike Chilcote, Adam Dellinger and Natalie Limm volunteered to help
    • January 14th is the target date for banquet this year. Date not official yet.
  • New Business
    • Board membership nominations
      • Secretary Adam Dellinger read the available position names, and nominations from general membership
        • Director (3yr) – Tia Cover (declined) and Jason Felty (accepted)
        • Assistant Regional Executive – Carl Mellinger (declined) and Mike Chilcote (accepted)
        • Regional Executive – Melissa Mauro (accepted) and Josh Wadel (declined)
        • Secretary – Natalie Limm (declined) and Adam Dellinger (accepted)
        • Treasurer – Ben Burkhart (declined) and Alan Lesher (accepted)
        • Voting will not be set up as all positions are uncontested.
  • Meeting adjourned at 8:17pm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Thank you! Your subscription has been confirmed. You'll hear from us soon.
Wanna know what's going on with Susqhuehanna Region SCCA? We've got you covered. Sign up below and we'll send updates straight to your inbox.